A food-sensitivity client asked me to help her create a quinoa muffin recipe that uses ingredients that are all safe for her. I decided to take it a step further and make the recipe more universally-accessible for a variety of sensitivities by writing it to be adaptable to any needs. Use your preferred oil, milk or milk-substitute, eggs or egg-substitute, berries or fruits, etc. and make the recipe your own.
I tested it out this weekend and my kids gobbled up the results. I hope you like them, too.
LEAP-Safe Quinoa Muffins
Wheat-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Vegan, Dairy-free, Nut-free
Yield: 12 muffins or 36 mini-muffins
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 ½ tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbs. safe oil or mango puree
- 1 cup milk, safe milk substitute, or water
- 2 eggs, or 2 Tbs tapioca flour or ground flax seed mixed with 6 Tbs warm water, or 2 mashed ripe bananas, or other safe egg substitute
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or safe sweetener
- 2 cups dried cranberries or other dried or frozen fruit or berry, or nuts
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the milk or water, oil or fruit puree, eggs or egg substitute, maple syrup in a smaller bowl and add to the dry mixture. Stir well. The batter will be very thick.
- Add the berries and/or nuts and fold into the batter.
- Ladle the batter evenly between 12 cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Move to a wire rack to cool completely before storing or freezing.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins for regular muffins, 12 mins for mini-muffins
Total time: 35 mins
→ As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also may use affiliate links elsewhere in my site.
Hi to all health lovers,
We cannot be mentally and physically healthy if we continue to consume flesh and blood from animals, birds ,fish
and the embryo of birds,(eggs) as these are not food at all. That is pure ignorance.
Nuts,seeds and grains, and plenty of fresh fruit and veggies is the Vegetarian sane approach, with a resultant superior spiritual, mental and physical health outcome. An apple a day is better than flesh and blood a day. Have a nice day, Prema