Rodale.com has compiled a top ten list of food apps. If you’re into food and health, these apps can do everything from alert you to dangerous ingredients after scanning a bar code to
- Fooducate: Scan the barcode and learn healthiness score.
- Seafood Watch: Is that seafood sustainably harvested or overfished?
- Wild Edibles: For those who like to gather their food from the land.
- What’s On My Food: Compares pesticide levels on 90 items of organic vs conventional produce.
- Non-GMO Project Shopping Guide: How to be sure your food is not unlabeled GMO.
- True Food: From the Center for Food Safety, evaluates brands for GMOs and lets you email your congressional rep about it, too.
- Eat Local: The NRDC created this to show local foods in season by zip code.
- EWG’s Dirty Dozen: Shows the fruits and vegetables most contaminated by pesticides.
- Eden Foods: The only food company in the USA to adopt BPA-free lining on their canned foods shares 1,000+ recipes.
- Harvest: Teaches you how to pick and store produce.