Think climate change won’t affect us in our lifetime? Think again.
- In 1910 there were 150 glaciers at Glacier National Park; now there are 25.
- Glacier National Park will have no more glaciers within ten years.
- Southern California is home to 23 million people, all of whom are dependent on the Colorado River for the majority of their water needs.
- Due to decreasing mountain snow melt in areas like Glacier National Park, the Colorado River, the primary water supply for seven states, will be unable to meet demands within FOUR YEARS.
- An April Gallup Poll found that only one in three Americans are worried about Climate Change.
Those of us who live in the states crossed by the Colorado River should be especially concerned about water conservation, and it rankles me every time I learn about a new golf course planted in this arid environment. Don’t even get me started about how the sight of vast expanses of water-hungry Kentucky bluegrass in a high mountain desert raises my blood pressure.
Check out Nuprana for user-friendly water conservation products for environmentally friendly people.