ARRANGING FOR BLOOD DRAWS FOR MRT TESTING
(Current November 2019)
*IMPORTANT: Do NOT draw blood the day before or the day of a major holiday due to FEDEX and lab schedules.*
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR BLOOD DRAWN?
- Somewhere you’ve previously had blood drawn.
- Your personal physician’s office or laboratory.
- Free-lance phlebotomists (they will often come to your house).
- Friend or relative that is also a qualified phlebotomist, nurse, doctor, EMT, etc.
- Local hospital laboratory.
- Laboratory services provider such as AnyLabTestNow, etc. Some, such as Qwest and LabCorp, will not draw blood for tests they do not process in-house, so be sure to check in advance.
- National blood draw service such as PSI (Phlebotomy Services International).
WHAT YOU NEED FROM THE LAB
Call the lab ahead of time and explain what you need to see if they will do the service for you. You need:
- To draw the blood Monday through Friday between 12 and 4 pm local time. This is not a fasting blood draw; please eat normally.
- To bring in your own collection kit. You don’t want to use their tubes or have them process the sample in any way. You will bring in a requisition from a doctor and will not be billing insurance.
- To be able to hand the kit off to FedEx in time for overnight delivery service (visit FedEx.com for pick up locations and drop-off deadlines. Caution: some FedEx locations will not ship blood.).
MATERIALS TO BRING TO THE BLOOD DRAW
- LEAP-MRT Specimen Mailer box and all contents, including the prepaid and pre-addressed
FedEx mailer inside the box.
- Completed MRT Requisition Form and additional forms from inside the MRT box.
AT THE BLOOD DRAW
- Fill out all forms completely, especially where highlighted.
- Point out the MRT blood draw instruction sheet inside the box to the phlebotomist. Do not allow the lab to process, chill, or spin the blood in any way. Follow the directions on the sheet.
- Note the date and time of the blood draw on the MRT Requisition Form.
- Include the MRT Requisition Form in the box WITH the blood sample to Oxford Laboratory.
- Complete and include any other paperwork that may have arrived inside the MRT box.
FIND A BLOOD DRAW LOCATION
Check these companies for a friendly location convenient for you. You are responsible for the fee for the blood draw, which could range from $5 to $110, depending on where you go.
- AnyLabTestNow.com <http://www.anylabtestnow.com/ ˆ Locations nationwide.
- Pathology, Inc. pathologyinc.com 877-922-7284 Lots of west coast locations, maybe more widespread.
- Spectracell.com <http://www.spectracell.com/ (Find a Draw Site search engine)
- Concentra.com <http://www.concentra.com/ locations nationwide but may refuse MRT draw if not accompanied by another blood test.
- Specimen Specialists of America specimenspecialists.com ˆ Locations Nationwide
- Phlebotomy Services International (PSI) http://phlebotomyservices.com/PSI has over 3000 draw stations across the country.
- CPL – Clinical Pathology Laboratories – Draw locations in TX, LA, OK, NM, NV cpllabs.com/locations/patient-service-centers.aspx
State-by-State Draw Locations
- Mobile Phlebotomy Services, Inc. MobilePhlebotomyServicesInc.com
- http://www.suttermedicalfoundation.org/locations/lab/ to search locally.
- West Pacific Medical Lab wpml.co
- Pomerado Hospital Outpatient Lab 858-613-6183
- Quick And Easy Phlebotomy Services (800) 646-0308 www.phlebotomytogo.com
- locations mostly San Francisco, S. California, Portland, Ore but also some locations nationwide as well. Miami, Kansas City, St Louis, Las Vegas, New York Metro. 425-608-2174
- Centennial: AnyLabTestNow.com
- Boulder Community Hospital Complex Laboratory 303-440-2191
- Mile High Medical Services, LLC, 303-815-1914. Denver.
- Mobile Phlebotomist, Lori Anderson, Abolabs@outlook.com, 970-573-8879. Denver.
- ARCpoint Labs of Lafayette 303-954-9864
- ARCpoint Labs of Denver East (720) 420-7939
- Christiana Care Medical Arts Pavilion 1 302-733-6244
- Examiners of Idaho 208-412-4954
- Evanston Hospital North Shore Outpatient Lab
- Pathology Laboratories. PathLabs.org
- Methodist Hospital’s outpatient lab
- Essentia Health St Josephs 218-828-2880
NEW YORK CITY/NEW JERSEY/CONNECTICUT
- Metropolitan Specialty Labs in Hoboken, NJ
- com in Jersey City. 201.656.7678; West New York 201.758.9100
- Porite Clinical Laboratory, Cliffside Park, NJ (201) 945-0962 http://www.poritelabs.com/
- Concentra Medical Clinic, Stamford, CT (203) 324-9100
- New Milford Patient Service Center (203) 739-4999
- Brookfield Specimen Collection (203) 739-4999
- Danbury Patient Service Center (203) 739-4999
- East Brunswick, NJ. Bio-Medical Laboratories; 732-651-0333.
- Pathology Laboratories. PathLabs.org
- Metrohealth Laboratories
- Oregon Health and Sciences University 503-418-9910
- McAllen, TX Regional medical Laboratory North 956-682-0502
- Dee’s Mobile Phlebotomy in Dallas 469-751-2055
WASHINGTON DC/ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA
- Sentara Medical Arts & Urgent Care Diagnostic & Laboratory Services, Williamsburg, VA (757) 259-1335