Featured Glorious One-Pot Meal Video Recipe:
Sweet Tart Chicken Glorious One-Pot Meal video recipe demonstration
Sweet Tart Chicken
Sweet Tart Chicken
ingredients | instructions | notes | tips | food counts
1/4 medium onion, halved and sliced
3-4 chicken thighs or breasts (1/2-3/4 pound)
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
2-3 unpeeled boiling potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1-inch cubes
1/3 acorn squash, peeled or not, seeded, and cut into large chunks
10 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
4-6 crimini mushrooms, thickly sliced
– Preheat oven to 450F. Spray the inside of cast iron Dutch oven and lid with canola oil.
– Scatter the onion evenly in the pot.
– Arrange the chicken pieces in a layer and lightly season with salt.
– In a small bowl, whisk together the pomegranate molasses and mustard until the mustard is almost emulsified. Pour half the mixture over the chicken.
– Arrange the potatoes on top, followed by the chunks of squash, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Scatter the halved Brussels sprouts in next, topping them with the mushroom slices. – Pour the rest of the mustard mixture over all.
– Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, or until 3 minutes after the aroma of a fully cooked meal escapes the oven. Serve immediately.
Pomegranate molasses gives a taste that is sweet but with a tartness reminiscent of cranberries that is staisfying for the kid in all of us. Great with boneless, skinless thighs, this chicken dish is almost glazed with flavor. Don’t forget to spoon the sauce at the bottom of the pot over each serving as you won’t want to miss a drop.
In the photo above, I used a variety of organic potatoes, including a purple variety.
Nutritional information per serving (2 servings per recipe).
Nutritional Information Disclaimer here.