12 Comments

1. Irma Coumantarakis at |

I bought the aussie bites at my local costco. There is no expiration date listed anywhere on the packaging. please advise.

2. Melissa Gomez at |

Love these but I don’t understand why they don’t include cinnamon in the ingredients? I sprinkle my own cinnamon & they taste even better.

3. Peg at |

CANYOU FREEZE AUSSIE BITES AND IF SO HOW LONG CAN U KEEPUNTIL FREEZING?

4. Jane Morgan at |

Unfortunately these are not gluten free. While they don’t list wheat as an ingredient, they also don’t claim to be gluten free. I tried one and had a horrible reaction. Most likely the oats contain wheat from one source or another. I’m quite disappointed as it’s the bready things I miss the most.

5. Leah at |

These are definitely not gluten free. I just had a terrible reaction after eating one.

6. lisa at |

We found ours at cost co and love em

7. Sandi Tewes at |

I have a couple of questions about the Aussie Bites:

#1. Do they need to be refrigerated after opening, to maintain freshness? I saw no preservatives listed in the ingredients.

#2. I went on the Best Express Foods website, and cannot find this product listed. It seems to be a company which makes school lunches.

Thanks for your website. I shall return.

1. Gladys Z. at |

Hi all!
      I do too love Aussie Bites!! I get mine from Costco and Sprouts.
      To answer your question.

1. It does not need to be refrigerated. This product has a long self-life. There’s not enough moisture in the product for it get moldy and go bad quickly.
      But you can refrigerate if you like.

2. I did too look up the website. The Best Express Website you might have looked up is for a different company.

I looked up their facebook:

I also like that they now have organic aussie bites

Hope I was helpful
      -Gladys

8. Rebecca at |

Hi, Elizabeth – I agree with you, Aussie Bites are absolutely delicious and a reasonably healthy treat, if you can stop at one or two! The ingredient list of the Aussie Bites I buy at a North Denver suburban Costco also specify oat flour, rather than whole wheat flour in them, but I always check the label carefully. It appears the recipe can vary. I have also found them at a Fort Collins, Colorado, Sprouts Farmers Market (smaller quantity, more expensive for the each). Those with celiac disease may not want to eat them, as the oats and oat flour are not certified gluten-free.

(Also, the store in Carefree, Arizona, is probably a Bashas’, not Basher’s. I shop there when I visit my parents.)

Thanks!

9. estkimo at |

I’m sorry but these are definitely not gluten-free for two reasons: the oats are not certified gluten free and the flour is unspecified whole grain. This is most definitely gluten-full :/

1. Karalee at |

Estkimo, I believe you are correct on this issue. I have Celiac Disease, so I can’t have any gluten. However, I love oatmeal, oatmeal cookies, etc. So I now buy GF oats from either Bob’s Red Mill or Trader Joes. While oats do not contain gluten per se, the can pick it up if they are processed on equipment where grains containing gluten were processed and they can even pick up gluten if they are grown on land where gluten contain grains were grown. As a result, to be truly GF, oats must be grown on land where no gluten crops have grown before and they must processed in GF plants. I have accidentally eaten non-certified GF oats a couple of times and and paid dearly for it.